"The mark of an immature man is that he would die knobly for a cause. The mark of a mature man is that he would live humbly for one" - Catcher in the Rye -WARNING WRITER SPELLING CHALLENGED! But Sometimes you have to say "what the fuck!"

Sunday, October 09, 2005

Vader's Pulp Fiction

To Tell the Truth
A cheesy show I watched as a kid. But now this catch fraze rings more solid meaning. Blogging, writing, posting your raw thoughts on the web. Is it fact or is it fiction? I will never tell.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

a·li·as (ā'lē-əs, āl'yəs)
n.
1. An assumed name: The swindler worked under various aliases.
2. Electronics. A false signal in telecommunication links from beats between signal frequency and sampling frequency.
adv.
Also known as; otherwise: Johnson, alias Johns.



pen name also pen·name (pĕn'nām')
n.
A pseudonym used by a writer. Also called nom de plume.


pseu·do·nym
(sūd'n-ĭm')
n.
A fictitious name, especially a pen name.

fic·tion (fĭk'shən)
n.
a. An imaginative creation or a pretense that does not represent actuality but has been invented.
b. The act of inventing such a creation or pretense.
1. A lie.
a. A literary work whose content is produced by the imagination and is not necessarily based on fact.
b. The category of literature comprising works of this kind, including novels and short stories.
2. Law. Something untrue that is intentionally represented as true by the narrator.


writ·er
(rī'tər)
n.
One who writes, especially as an occupation.

truth (trūth)
n., pl. truths (trūTHz, trūths).
1. Conformity to fact or actuality.
2. A statement proven to be or accepted as true.
3. Sincerity; integrity.
4. Fidelity to an original or standard.
a. Reality; actuality.
b. often Truth That which is considered to be the supreme reality and to have the ultimate meaning and value of existence.


Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Trouble from the Pages
When beginning blogging few people knew Vadergrrrl was me. After things exploded; it seemed they all knew. From my kid, to my family, to my co-workers, to my friends, to my dates. Everything I put up on my blog was spectacle for judgment on my reality. I don’t know how many times I had to say. What the fuck? I am a writer for fucks sake! I use an alias. Its fodder for writing. If you see something that sounds familiar, like it may be based on truth, well shit, deal with it. Yes, my writing is inspired by my crazy life but that doesn’t mean its true or real. I write as therapy. Blogging was therapy and community. Maybe my rants were based on memory, maybe they are based on fantasy. But the reason I blog under a character I created is for this… to write, to create, to express raw fucking me. If I wanted to write reality I would webcam my life 24/7 and include my real name and professional resume. Sweet JEESAS!

KILL THE WITCH
Anyway, since being exposed and criticized like a medieval witch hunt all the fun of blogging and writing has been stripped away. Plus, I really havent had computer access to write. Ive been too busy living the life. Awaiting for a break in this drama to actually be able to transfer it all to paper.

The Sound of Silence
So silence and seclusion have been my survival as of late. But, lack of voice seems to be killing me. Like Audre Lorde said Silence = Death. I must be able to speak, to write, to get it all out. But I need to feel safe about it to. I don’t like my words being used against me. I’m sure I’m not the first writer or blogger this has happened too.

So I did some quick research and found this information helpful.

Great Disclaimer!
From this Website
By viewing this site you probably don't agree to our terms of use but here they are anyway:
This is a spoof web site. All stories are fictional. Any similarity to real persons, organizations, businesses or groups is purely co-incidental, unless for satirical purposes.
By viewing this website you agree not to sue the owners, operators, or/and writers of this site (us).
You agree not to use the information on this website against us.
You agree not to re-broadcast, print or distribute the contents of this website IN ANY FORM without WRITTEN PERMISSION from us.
We (the writers, owners and operators of this website) take no responsibility for anything that may result from this website's existence.
We do not intend to offend, insult or harm anyone or any business, organisation or group, but we take no responsibility if we do.
We take no responsibility for any information passed on to anyone else from this website.



Legal Advice on writing from this attorney's website
Information from Entertainment Law Resources
As an entertainment attorney I am often called upon to assist writers who have gotten themselves into trouble because they don't understand how their work infringes the rights of others. A writer who learns the fine points of the law through trial and error is receiving an expensive education. Here is a brief explanation of how to protect yourself.[1]
TROUBLE FROM PEOPLE PORTRAYED IN YOUR WORK
I. FICTIONAL CHARACTERS
If your script or film contains fictional characters -- characters from your imagination -- you generally do not need to obtain any permissions or releases. However, if there is a chance that the public could mistake your imaginary characters for real people, you could be liable if you have thereby infringed their rights.
You can protect yourself by making sure your fictional characters cannot be mistaken for real people. Give characters unusual names that no living individual would have. Check the phone book to see if any people with your character. s name reside at the location portrayed in your story. If there is a person in that community with the same name or a similar one, consider changing the locale or setting the story in a fictional locale. Add a disclaimer at the beginning of the film stating that any resemblance to persons living or dead is purely coincidental.
If fictional characters are drawn from another. s literary work, you might be infringing that author's copyright unless the work has gone into the public domain, or your use is considered a fair use. You may borrow personality traits, however, without infringing another's copyright. The first author to create a hard-boiled private eye, for example, cannot prevent other authors from creating their own hard-boiled private eyes.


Some Blog Advice
I got this from the above link "A lot of the worries about whether a weblog is "true" or "fictitious" could be solved if weblog editors made it clear -- as is done with all books -- whether the content is "fiction" or "non-fiction". Some weblog writers might need to make this disclaimer one post at a time. We all know that there is often much "truth" in fiction. However, if a writer is making up facts, he or she should not be implying or declaring that the work is non-fiction."


FICTION BABY – Vader’s Pulp Fiction
Yes so I will never say whether what you read or have read on my rant page is true or not. That is my business. Blogging is all fantasy anyway. Shit I could be a 50 pound man for all you know. But really, I will continue to write on this page but I realize now what I write is now exposed. I can not write raw, real, rantings. Just cute little blurbs about life open to ridicule, judgment and speculation. Fine. But this wont silence me. I started a blog on livejournal that can only be read by friends, or people I chose to let read it. Here is the link, hopefully it will work. My master evil plan to remove my gag and SPEAK MY TRUTH. Vader's Live Journal I wish blogger had this option. I still don’t understand livejournal, but what the hell Im gonna figure this out cause I need my voice back. I need to be free of the shackles of public infamy. Now let’s see what Vader will rant about.
*evil grin*

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Followers

Blog Archive