"The mark of an immature man is that he would die knobly for a cause. The mark of a mature man is that he would live humbly for one" - Catcher in the Rye -WARNING WRITER SPELLING CHALLENGED! But Sometimes you have to say "what the fuck!"

Friday, September 17, 2004

What the HELL Have I Gotten Myself Into? Sociology of Blogging 101

I sent the club a wire stating, Please accept my resignation. I don't want to belong to any club that will accept me as a member.-Groucho Marx

The Beautiful People
I consider myself to be a little different than most. A crazy, odd, weird chick, super freak, who lives life her own way. Though I have always had a lot of friends, and I’m quite the social butterfly, popularity and cliques turn me off. I have this Marilyn Manson-ish loathing of those who try too hard. Cliques creep me out in a junior high school way, and Ive always been the type of girl who mixes between groups, never sticking to one. I find social confines restrictive of my Leonard Skinnard free bird spirit. Small groups are more appealing, and if it’s a large party full of people, I tend to hide in a back room or small corner with a small entourage and engage in some sort of intellectual discussion. I’m not one for wanting attention, though I live to make a statement. “Great Gatsby gilded” ones turn me off, and I instead attract to odd quirky types.
Alas, that is just me.

Fighting Writers Block and Finding Inspiration
Blogging has been cheap therapy for me. I started blogging after discovering a blog written by an up and coming writer. I needed to join blogger to make a comment so I did. Then I thought, hey this would be a great way for me to get into the daily writing habit. I have various book projects in the works that hit a dead halt for a few years. One is on the crazy life of a marijuana activist, another is on marijuana witchcraft (its not a novel its more like a guide), another is a collection of narratives from various guerrilla growers I interviewed over the years, another is true tales of trashy navy wives, and then I want to compile a book of poetry. These book projects eat away on my mind like parasites, as I hadn’t been able to actually sit down and write for quite a long time. Then I started blogging and my creative inspiration came alive. It feels so good to write again. Even though blogging is unedited verbal spew, it still feels great to create.

Blog Hugs
Through blogging I have got to know other talented writers and bloggers. This support network amazes, energizes, and inspires me. It’s hard sometimes to keep up on all the daily posts online. Then there are the party blogs, where regulars chat the workday away. Sometimes I will partake in a little party time. But, alas, I’m more comfortable hiding in my cave, especially when I’m having a poetic artsy grrrl moment. Which lately has been quite frequently. I will try to visit each of my links and say hello, just because I know how important it is to be supported and recognized. Comments on a blog can be a blessing and a curse. I’ve thought of getting rid of mine and just having up my rants. But, then I figure comments add another dimension to my posts so I keep them up. To be quite truthful, I’m surprised anyone finds my rantings interesting enough to read anyway.

Why do We Do It?
I find the sociology of blogging to be quite entertaining. Some blog to make friends and connections and to be an accepted part of a community. Others blog to drop knowledge, make political statements, and generally let out some emotional rants. Many of us blog because we are writers, and blogging provides the empty canvas to express this passion. Blogging definitely serves as new and uncharted phenomenon. Much like a voyage on the USS Enterprise…. “To boldly go where no man has gone before.”

Anyway, thanks for reading my rants here and sharing the roller coaster ride of my so called life. More crazy ass adventures to come.
xxxxoooooooooo

WTF??????
LMFAO. Here are some of my referrals from search engines. I think these topics about sum up my blog.

mormon sluts (Yahoo)

bremelo (Yahoo)

cock ring cuffs gag collar boy-toy (Google)

A night in Paris featuring Paris Hilton (Google)

cooter pictures tattoo (Yahoo)

damones 5 point plan (Google)

disrespecting gang signs crip (Google)

bitch manifesto (Google)

ricardo roarke (Google)

fast times at ridgemont high and quotes and Mr. Hand (Google)

fitlhy passion (Google)

gutter punks on telegraph ave (Google)

Sylvia Plath and I am afraid, I am not solid, but hollow (Google)

tibbs bettie page photo (Yahoo)

tenny bopper tits.com (Yahoo)

how to give fellatio to an uncircumcised penis (google)

generra sweatshirt (Yahoo)

eyes wide shut party (Google)

monofocal sex magick (Netscape)

tom lykus home page (Google)

Followers

Blog Archive