"The mark of an immature man is that he would die knobly for a cause. The mark of a mature man is that he would live humbly for one" - Catcher in the Rye -WARNING WRITER SPELLING CHALLENGED! But Sometimes you have to say "what the fuck!"

Tuesday, August 03, 2004

What the Fuck is going on????????

Mother, mother
There's to many of you crying
Brother, brother, brother
There's far too many of you dying
You know we've got to find a way
To bring some lovin' here today - Yah

Father, father
We don't need to escalate
You see, war is not the answer
For only love can conquer hate
You know we've got to find a way
To bring some lovin' here today

Picket lines and picket signs
Don't punish me with brutality
Talk to me
So you can see
Oh, what's going on
What's going
Ya, what's going on
Ah, what's going on

(Background music and conversation)
In the mean time
Right on, baby
Right on
Right on

Father, father, everybody thinks we're wrong
Oh, but who are they to judge us
Simply because our hair is long
Oh, you know we've got to find a way
To bring some understanding here today
Oh

Picket lines and picket signs
Don't punish me with brutality
Talk to me,
So you can see
Oh, what's going on
What's going on
I’ll tell you Ya, what's going on - Uh
Ah, what's going on
Right on baby
Right on baby

-Whats going on by Marvin Gaye

Yeah so vader just found out that my brother is going back to Iraq. I’m not too happy about it, in fact, I’m pretty pissed off.

My brother is 2 and ½ years younger than me. He is the only boy, and I am the third female. Of course, I was jealous of him, I was still a baby when he was born. But I love him like I love no other man. My brother is a Scorpio to my Pisces, and he has put up with more shit from me than any other. Growing up, we fought like cats and dogs. Spitting on each other, tackling each other, fighting like animals till the cows came home. My elder siblings always told him, “one day you will be able to take her”. I used to grab him by his ears and kick his ass down the hall. Then, when he was able to kick my ass, it wasn’t fun anymore. My brother is too much of a gentleman to ever really hurt a woman. He always let me win, even when he could have taken me.

This fucking so called war really sucks. I met a woman at a redneck bbq this weekend whose husband joined the reserves for extra cash. Well, they called him up in January, and now he is in Iraq for the next year or so. He is missing his kids’ birthdays, and his son’s first day of school. Now she is a single momma, and that just sucks!

One of my GI boytoys is about to go to Iraq. He has been in Iraq training school for the last couple of weeks. He comes back this weekend and wants to get together. I have never met him, just talked to him online. I’m not too worried about meeting him, because my brother outranks him, and I could have his ass if he really messes with me. Part of me wants to see him off, and blow his fucking mind…. The other part is just so sad that these young men have to go.

I don’t want to lose my brother. I love him sooooooo much. I hate the thought of him going back. When he is in Iraq, I become obsessed with the news. Every time I hear of a blackhawk going down I cry, I panic, and I pray. It’s a hard way to live. It’s a sacrifice I’m not willing to give for this shit. God Damnit George W, my fucking brother is worth more than your stupid ass oil war. He is the world to me…. Please don’t make him go.

Im drunk and depressed. I hate war. Why can’t we all just get a bong? Lol. This sucks…..


Blogarama
Visit my Guestbook
Listed on Blogwise

2 comments:

alix said...

vadergrrrl, i'm so sorry. i want to cry with you. apt choice of song to post...
i will add your little brother to my prayers.
dammit dammit dammit

(i found you through CB, and i read you just about every day. you kick ass.)

stanks said...

Marvin Gay- he captures the moment perfect. Cheers to your bro fighting for our country like that. I salute him and everyone else out there! I beleive good WILL prevail.

Followers

Blog Archive