"The mark of an immature man is that he would die knobly for a cause. The mark of a mature man is that he would live humbly for one" - Catcher in the Rye -WARNING WRITER SPELLING CHALLENGED! But Sometimes you have to say "what the fuck!"

Saturday, June 19, 2004

Whisper things into my brain Assuring me that I'm insane

Welcome to where time stands still
No one leaves and no one will
Moon is full, never seems to change
Just labeled mentally deranged
Dream the same thing every night
I see our freedom in my sight
No locked doors, no windows barred

No things to make my brain seem scarred

Sleep, my friend, and you will see
That dream is my reality
They keep me locked up in this cage
Can't they see it's why my brain says “rage”

Sanitarium, leave me be
Sanitarium, just leave me alone

Build my fear of what's out there
Cannot breathe the open air
Whisper things into my brain
Assuring me that I'm insane
They think our heads are in their hands
But violent use brings violent plans
Keep him tied, it makes him well
He's getting better, can't you tell?


No more can they keep us in
Listen, damn it, we will win
They see it right, they see it well
But they think this saves us from our hell

Sanitarium, leave me be
Sanitarium, just leave me alone
Sanitarium, just leave me alone

Fear of living on
Natives getting restless now
Mutiny in the air
Got some death to do
Mirror stares back hard
“Kill,” it's such a friendly word
Seems the only way
For reaching out again



Sanitarium -Metallica

You Small Town FREAKDo you want to be able to listen to the music you want to hear? Should we be able to dress however we want.? As adults “merging” into corporate (un)america, of course you must mold; cookie cutter corporate borings. But isnt the teenage years the age of exploration?

Redneck Witch Hunt
Rednecks in small towns love witch hunts, and they love blaming the local “freak” for their problems. This has been scene through out history “Salem witch trials” the best example. Okay now, Puritanism are kinda white trash rednecks, they were seperatists living in the woods (LOL).

The FREAKS did it!
Three kids have been put behind bars for living in a small-ass redneck town, listening to Metallica, wearing black clothes, and appreciating goddess religions and wicca. Because they were “weird” they were obviously satanic. When a murder happens without a clear killer, who best to blame but the “freaks”

Read the information below on the West Memphis 3..

Remember Einstein’s famous quote “Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds"

Free the West Memphis Three!


Shortly after three eight-year-old boys were found mutilated and murdered in West Memphis, Arkansas, local newspapers stated the killers had been caught. The police assured the public that the three teenagers in custody were definitely responsible for these horrible crimes. Evidence?

The same police officers coerced an error-filled “confession” from Jessie Misskelley Jr., who is mentally handicapped. They subjected him to 12 hours of questioning without counsel or parental consent, audio-taping only two fragments totaling 46 minutes. Jessie recanted it that evening, but it was too late— Misskelley, Jason Baldwin and Damien Echols were all arrested on June 3, 1993, and convicted of murder in early 1994.

Although there was no physical evidence, murder weapon, motive, or connection to the victims, the prosecution pathetically resorted to presenting black hair and clothing, heavy metal t-shirts, and Stephen King novels as proof that the boys were sacrificed in a satanic cult ritual. Unfathomably, Echols was sentenced to death, Baldwin received life without parole, and Misskelley got life plus 40.

For over 11 years, The West Memphis Three have been imprisoned for crimes they didn’t commit. Echols waits in solitary confinement for the lethal injection our tax dollars will pay for. They were all condemned by their poverty, incompetent defense, satanic panic and a rush to judgment.


Paradise Lost Movie
Editorial Reviews
Amazon.com
On May 6, 1993, the mutilated bodies of three 8-year-old boys were found in a shallow creek in West Memphis, Arkansas. A short time later police arrested three local teenagers, linking the boys' killings to a satanic ritual. One of the boys confessed. The intriguing court case was about to unfold as filmmakers Joe Berlinger and Bruce Sinofsky ventured forth to make this documentary. They captured footage of not only courtroom proceedings but also interviews with the major players in trial--parents, suspects, lawyers. The documentary filmmakers, whose previous film, Brother's Keeper, is as intriguing of a crime story you'll ever see, tells this story without re-creations or flashbacks. The film makes a clear argument that the court trial may not be about witchcraft but a witch hunt. As with any great drama, the faces and situations are etched upon the viewer; however, we are dealing with real lives and real crimes (told gruesomely and necessarily by police photographs and videotape), and the impact is far greater. And so is the maddening ambivalence of the trial. Like the O.J. Simpson fiasco, a verdict is reached but the truth is questioned. Did police make fatal errors the night of the crime? Do last-minute clues lead to justice? Who's lying on the stand? As with Roger and Me and Hoop Dreams, we have a provocative single incident that holds a mirror to many of society's problems. The results are just more horrifying. The Emmy-winning film was followed four years later by Paradise Lost 2: Revelations. --Doug Thomas

Editorial Reviews
Amazon.com
Directors Joe Berlinger and Bruce Sinofsky return to the scene of the crime with this urgent follow-up to their harrowing 1996 documentary, Paradise Lost: The Child Murders at Robin Hood Hills. That profoundly disturbing film chronicles the tragic and twisted case of three young men--Damien Echols, Jason Baldwin, and Jessie Misskelley--who were convicted of the brutal 1993 murders of three second graders. The film suggests that perhaps their only crime was dressing in black and liking Metallica. To the townspeople, this smacked of Satanism and marked them as made-to-order suspects. Meanwhile, Mark Byars, the stepfather of one of the victims emerged from the film as a "Why-isn't-anyone-following-up-on-this?" suspect. Revelations, which, for those who missed the first film, efficiently recaps the case, and charts the trio's maddening appeals process (police browbeat a confession out of Misskelley, who has an IQ of 71, after 12 hours of questioning), as well as the efforts of a group of Internet advocates to "Free the West Memphis Three." Byers is back as well, and he is infinitely more terrifying than anything in Book of Shadows, Berlinger's Blair Witch sequel. We learn that Byers had all his teeth extracted in the years after the murders (human bite marks are among the new evidence introduced). We also learn that his wife has since died of undetermined causes. When Byers passes a suspect lie detector test, he exults, "I knew I was innocent." A further mystery is why both Paradise Lost films have not garnered the media attention or sparked the outrage that attended Errol Morris's The Thin Blue Line, which led to the release of an innocent man who was imprisoned for more than 10 years. Both films give new meaning to the concept of reasonable doubt. --Donald Liebenson --This text refers to the VHS Tape edition.




Blogarama
Visit my Guestbook
Listed on Blogwise

37 comments:

robin said...

that was one monster entry. to answer ur question on my blog, the wonderful peeps at blog have an error in their system when u use certain blogs and edit them, this led to me losing my blog access, so i had to create a new one, and copy over all my archives from my main files, something i have now done for the undoubted reading pleasure of the world. rock on. hope alls well.

Inanna said...

As a Wiccan who dresses in black and listens to Metallica, as the mother of an almost 8-year old, as a graduate of a fine institution of higher learning with a degree in Criminal Justice, and as an American fighting to restore the rights and freedoms of our Constitution, this has peaked my curiosity and irritated my innate sense of Justice, I intend to follow up on this. Excellent post.

Jay said...

vader, my one true love, i enlisted my sister's help and posted a pic to my profile...just for you. sorry, sis wouldn't post the pic of my johnson. something about incest, uptight bitch.

Maddy said...

Vgrrrl, I posted to your guest book instead of this section. Interesting blog - being a Goth type, you find this stuff pretting fascinating I would imagine. but it scares some of us. We have had a rash of horrible child murders in our city in the past few years, and after a while, you can't stand it anymore. It's too awful. Keep posting, you rite good!

Vadergrrrl said...

Hey guys thanks for the post.

Being a goth type and "freak" myself I do find injustice when innocent people are convicted of crimes without any evidence.

I am also a parent, and if anything happened to my son, I would want revenge. The thing is, most crimes against children are perpetrated by someone they know. In this case, the stepfather of Chris Beyers is a very strong suspect. He beat the boy with a belt before the murders. He also has a history of rage and abuse. Bite marks were found on the children, and then be mysteriously lost all his teeth before they could get dental records. None of the boys convicted of this crime matched the bite marks.

I think its easy to blame the "freaks" for our problems. When witches were burned in Europe, or hung here, it was not because they were witches, but they were scapegoats. Women who were old, weird, sexually atractive, outspoken.

In small towns this hysteria is especially true. Rumor, gossip, small town ethos, all caused the conviction of these boys. Ive notice living in a small town myself, how hard it is too be different. Sometimes I miss the city, like Oakland, where Im not a freak, Im actually conservative.

Anyway, I encourage you all to rent the videos Paradise Lost. They will blow your mind!

Debra said...

Jay, nice pic! Besides, a face is better to put your words to then some other anatomy...lol.

Wrong doesn't even cover how these kids are/were treated. If wearing black & listening to Metallica, and anything to do with polytheistic beliefs is enough to get you hung, this country is going the wrong way.

No one is going to have the same beliefs, even if we were all Christians or Catholics or anything else. Everything has a variation to it.

But they do want the cookie cutter group of good little Americans, and those that stand out will be punished for it.

Very, very sad.

jakethelad said...

Hi VG
I'd never heard that story before, as I am from Oz. Very sad. Thanks for your blog and your visits to mine. Luv ya work.

Jack said...

What? No song lyrics? No movie quotes? What the hell is happening over here in Vadergrrrl country?
Great post and well written. I can tell this is something important to you and you have strong feelings about it. I've seen the first documentary, wasn't aware of the second, but I'll make a point of watching it. I thought then and still believe those kids got screwed for being 'weirdos'. I honestly thought they had probably been released on appeal by now.
As far as the whole Goth/black clothes/Wicca type of thing goes...it strikes me as just being strange for strangeness' sake, if that makes sense. I see kids (younger people) dressing in costumes instead of clothes, and trying to provoke a negative reaction from'society' under the guise of 'expressing themselves'. When I see someone acting and dressing like this, my reaction is usually along the lines of "Yeah, dress and act as outlandish as possible, alienate as many 'regular' people as you can, and then it's not you're fault when you can't get a job." Like life is not hard enough as it is...
And before you get your back up, babe, I think the same thing when I see kids dressing like Hip Hop wanna be gangstas or any other weird little trend out there.
A Goth kid told me once "I'm just being myself and if the world can't handle it, screw it." No, you're just being weird to get attention. You're dressing like all your other little Goth buddies, trying to be Marilyn Manson, and you've formed a little club where you get to act as strange as you want and call it self expression. The fact is, we judge people off of how they look, dress, and act. We can't see people's hearts, so we go with the physical. And, like it or not, if someone dresses in a way that they know will provoke a negative reaction, they shouldnt be suprised to get judged in a negative way. That's just they way life is, fair or not, right or wrong.
Excuse the ranting, it's been a long day.
And you're still my favorite weirdo, babe. :*

Jack said...

Something I meant to say but didn't...don't take anything that I wrote to mean that those three kids "had it coming" for being different. That's not at all what I mean. What happened to them is a travesty of justice that offends me to my core.

Sloth said...

I don't have time to post the long comment I want to here, but I will just say that I will definitely check this story out and rent the videos. It is SO sad.

But I think people should dress and look how they want and not be judged. They will be judged, but it's too bad, because self expression is something that we have in this country that is not an option for people in a lot of other countries. We have different tastes and different needs, but if we lived in Saudi Arabia we'd all be wearing the same fucking thing and our unique natures would be under wraps. I think we should celebrate that we are free enough here to look and dress however we want.......although I guess Vader's post belies that very assumption. Those kids expresses themselves and paid for it with their freedom. Oh, I'm talking myself in circles - and I said I didn't have time for this!

Cootera said...

Daaaamn, grrrl! That's truly disheartening to think about the justice system not working. Innocent until proven guilty? Shit.

What's really sad is that our society DOES judge the book by the cover. I have the 'luxury' of living in the bubble of a very liberal town, but we get our share of assholes who do some pretty rotten things. My friends and I were once beat up by six high school wrestlers who wanted us to get our 'hippie shit out of the park.' We'd gone to see the Meat Puppets that night and were on our way home when we decided to stop at the park and swing for awhile to cool off. Hippies we were not. But hey, whatever we were at that point in time, it was enough to offend their vicious non-sensibilities to the point of violence. Sick. Fucking bastards.

And Jack, I understand where you're coming from (I think), but judging people is different than using discernment. Do not judge lest ye be judged. Double edged sword and all.

Jack said...

I knew I was going out on a limb when I posted my comments. I could not agree more that what has happened to these kids is wrong. Even a cursory look at the evidence would convince any objective person they got the shaft for no reason than being different.
My point about the rest was this: We are a society that judges peole by looks, dress, and actions. You do it. I do it. You did it today and you'll do it tomorrow. You will form snap judgements off total starngers based on how they appear to you. What those judgements are depend on your value system.
The kids, and adults, too, who make a point to dress in such a way to provaoke a reaction shoudn't be surprised when they get that reaction. It reminds me off people who are trying to pick a fight. "You don't like the way I look/dress/act/talk/the music I blast on your ear? Then that makes you narrow minded/judgemental/a bigot/racist/ afraid of what you don't understand" ect ect.
Everbody has a right, in our country at least, to express themselves through dress and so on. And, other people have that same right to express their dislike of that dress that some call self-expressive. (Pay attention, now) NOT! to the point of violating anyone's rights, but the right to disagree is a right as important as the right to wear black lipstaick and listen to Metallica.
And in my job, I'm not the most clean cut, well dressed guy around. Last year I looked like a skankier Joe Dirt. So I've been on the recieving end of those negative reactions from "normal" folks first hand.

Vadergrrrl said...

Hi Jack,
I think you have some really good points. It does come down to attention, in a lot of cases. I remember when I was a teenager, having pink hair and going to the mall in a small town. I would get so enraged "why is everyone staring at me!". Well, duh! Maybe its the pink hair!. LOL

I think the teenage years are all about self expression however. This is when you absolutely find yourself. Music is a major influence, and teens often emulated stars... marilyn manson, Eminem, etc.

HOwever, when you grow up and enter corporate america, there comes a time when you must conform. This is how it is if you want a job.

I agree that everyone should be able to look however they want, yet I also agree that there is a time and a place for self expression. Heck, look like a straight nerd at work, and then on the weekends dress up in bondage gear, or in drag. Who cares what you do on your time.

Small towns should also be more tolerant of diversity, especially in teens. This case to me shows how small town intolerance and hysteria can lead to false convictions. Listening to MEtallica, reading Stephen King, dressing in black, this does not make you a murderer. Reading Alester Crowley, studding Wicca, this does not make you a murderer.

ANyway, enough rambling here by me. We love ya Jack, and your opinions are always valued here!

Cootera said...

Jack, my apologies. My hair hurts. I didn't mean to come off as a bitch... yet, I'm so good at it!

Your opinions are valuable, indeed. And not only that, but they're *yours*... you own them, and I appreciate hearing ANY opinion that differs (or not) from my own. As long as sincerity is the motivation, that's what really matters.

However, it is TIME for you to update your blog. Missin' yer stories, Mr. Man.

Debra said...

There's some really good comments here, and I'm glad I stopped in to read them.

In high school, the first two years I dressed cowboy half the time, and hippy the rest of the time- I had Grandma's closet full of 1960 - 1970 clothes to pick through, and they all fit me, so choice was limitless. Add in the thrift store's vintage racks, and I had a flashback of a closet.

I avoided preppies and the nerds like the plague, because they hated kids who dressed like me. You look like a shitkicker, you must be a piece of shit, right? Heck, I just enjoyed the fact that guys would make a study of whatever was in my back pocket because you could clearly see the outline in my painted on pants...lol.

Two years later I was playing goth, and that was for one simple reason- black matches everything. It's the anti-color, perfect for me, who can't pick a favorite color.

But was a judged in a way that hurt me in school or socially? No, not really. I had the friends I wanted, I made new friends, I had fun. And while I can get away with that in this town, and so can just about anyone else, there's a very high number of places you don;t go if you're a gay male.

We have a bar here, and the girl who does the kareoke show is a lesbian. A guy got his throat cut, literally from ear to ear for walking in there and being black. One of these guys you would think are white til you saw their skin color. Two weeks before that, two gay men were killed there.

There's a gay bar right up the street from this one, and while it's a bit shabby, it's hella safer. No one puts you down, no attacks on people, the wworst was an egging of the building years back.

I don't see the judgement of these boys as any different then the judgements at our local bars placed on gays or blacks. Genetics are just that genetics. They are not a crime against humanity, and the choice of how people look or what they listen to shouldn't be treated as such either.

As Jack said, yes, if you go so far out on a limb as to make yourself stand out and say "Look at me!" you deserve to be treated with the attention you're gathering. But 99% of the people walking around in black with pale skin and dark make-up aren't standing out. They fit in, they look normal, are well dressed albeit monotonously, and act like everyone else. And because of that, why not arest Bluecollar Joe and make him confess to killing kids, mutilating them, and profess his secret enjoyment of Marylin Manson albums?

David said...

Mmmm... me hackles, but just a bit. So I should be inconspicuous to avoid negative attention? Some people wear black... doesn't mean they listen to Marilyn Manson, or Metallica, or anything else... hell, they might even be crazed Elvis fans... which armed, would scare me much more than a kid in a trenchcoat (they believe he's still alive, and that he's the king of something...)

I think I'm going to start calling people freaks because they wear flip flops... who do they think they are, drawing attention to their feet???

cyclops woman got one eye in her head
mascara-clotted vision she is fed
cyclops woman can't see nothing at all
she got a pin-prick-spiral hole
she can't see nothing, nothing at all
she can't see nothing, nothing at all
cyclops woman dying in her shell
guilt got her trapped in nailed in well
cyclops woman is the eye of the world
who's reflection is the retina?

Cyclops - Marilyn Manson

David said...

The point of the previous being that most people wouldn't even know who Marilyn Manson was, if a news anchorman hadn't told you he was "such a bad influence", or that "he inspired those Columbine kids to murder their classmates."

The breakdown here is where do people get that initial first impression? I don't much like cowboys, as much as I try to supress it... they didn't treat me very well when I was in school...so who's the thug? I don't have to supress that reaction...I just simply remain aware of it, and avoid making choices of actions or words based upon it.

Because according to the reverse, every freak wants to be normal, all love the new Usher song, all homosexuals straight, all Catholic, middle class, and drive a silver ford F-150. (yes, I did the research)

There, I think that covers just about everyone in some form or fashion.

Wouldn't want to stand out...

Admin said...

Wow, what a great site. I will bookmark this site and return often. It's nice to see sites like this.

Please visit my website and let me know what you think. Tell your Secret

Raven said...

If you are interested in Card Captor Sakura check out my site Card Captor Sakura for related content on Card Captor Sakura

Anonymous said...

While reading this I was reminded of eos volkswagen you should stop by.

Google Page Rank 6 said...

Want more clicks to your Adsense Ads on your Blog?

Then you have to check out my blog. I have found a FREE and Legitimate way that will increase your earnings.

Come Check us out. How to Boost Your AdSense Revenue

Anonymous said...

I think you're right on track and not many people are willing to admit that they share your views. dominic lost monaghan is an AWESOME place to discuss LOST.

Anonymous said...

nice blog enjoyed it :)

Keep up the excellent work! and i bookmarked u!

so cant wait for ur next post! :)

Thanks!!

Anonymous said...

Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

I have a **Make Big Money**blog. It pretty much covers Make Big Money articles related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time :-)

Anonymous said...

Online adult sex shop. Come and browse over 900 quality items. We have a great selection of Sex Dolls, *KEYWORD** including Sex Dolls Sex Dolls Sex Dolls Sex Dolls and Sex Dolls all ready for immediate dispatch today.Sex Dolls

Anonymous said...

Online adult sex shop. Come and browse over 900 quality items. We have a great selection of Sex Dolls, *KEYWORD** including Sex Dolls Sex Dolls Sex Dolls Sex Dolls and Sex Dolls all ready for immediate dispatch today.Sex Dolls

The Blah Brain said...

LOL I found some good stuff here: click right here

doer said...

Hello, you blog is funny and informative. I have a website about improving your adult sex life. Please visit if you want to enjoy sex more in a proper way.

Anonymous said...

And on a lighter note than pure north carolina lawyer , check out the funniest trial transcript ever! If it's not serious enough of a topic, well, just pretend it's the Brit's version of north carolina lawyer !

jennygirlyx said...

hey

Anonymous said...

Jonis Butterfly Treat Yourself this XmasJonis Butterfly

Anonymous said...

Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

I have a **accept paypal** site. We accept paypal!

Come and check it out if you get time :-)

Anonymous said...

MOVIES,HBO and SHOW TIME: Hey Guys, I found a cool site that Saves me a bunch on Premium Movie Channels. Beats My Cable Hands Down, and it's ALL DIGITAL. Check this site out .**Movies**

Anonymous said...

Absolutely with you it agree. In it something is also to me it seems it is excellent idea. I agree with you.

Anonymous said...

It is simply magnificent phrase

Anonymous said...

Delete shis text plz. Sorry

Anonymous said...

This will give the person custom-made and comfortable sitting which you could really enjoy in a
range of bed rooms. It may a huge amount of nutriment originating from new plants on the alfalfa plantage, sectors
cress, produces involving clover, dandelion golf greens, but also chicory branches.
. A wide numerous worker recognize which experts claim a high quality,
humid brewing is generally pleasurable but also calming.
Do you awakening restored the following day without having to use a security alarm time and
therefore feel working an entire day?

Also visit my web site :: http://coffeemakersnow.com

Followers

Blog Archive