"The mark of an immature man is that he would die knobly for a cause. The mark of a mature man is that he would live humbly for one" - Catcher in the Rye -WARNING WRITER SPELLING CHALLENGED! But Sometimes you have to say "what the fuck!"

Friday, June 18, 2004

I've been looking at the sky 'Cause it's gettin' me high Forget the hearse 'cause I never die

Hey there Freaks, Geeks, and Honnies and Studs alike. Its Friday! Thank Fucking God! And payday for me! Whoo-hooo. After work, Im gonna make like a librarian and "book". Since Im in a PARTY mood, I decided to post some 80's lyrics for ya. I wont post the name of the bands, you will have to guess those, but I think it will be pretty easy for ya.

Back in Black

Back in black
I hit the sack
I've been too long I'm glad to be back
Yes, I'm let loose
From the noose
That's kept me hanging about
I've been looking at the sky
'Cause it's gettin' me high
Forget the hearse 'cause I never die
I got nine lives
Cat's eyes
Abusin' every one of them and running wild

Brass Monkey

Cause I drink it anytime - and anyplace
When it's time to get ill - I pour it on my face
Monkey tastes Def when you pour it on ice
Come on y'all it's time to get nice
Coolin' by the lockers getting kind of funky
Me and the crew - we're drinking Brass Monkey
This girl walked by - she gave me the eye
I reached in the locker - grabbed the Spanish Fly
I put it with the Monkey - mixed it in the cup
Went over to the girl, "Yo baby, what's up?"
I offered her a sip - the girl she gave me lip
It did begin the stuff wore in and now she's on my tip

Dancing with myself

On the floors of Tokyo
Down in London town's a go-go
With the record selection
And the mirror's reflection
I'm a-dancing with myself

Oh, when there's no one else in sight
In the crowded, lonely night
Well, I wait so long for my love vibration
And I'm dancing with myself

You may be right

I've been stranded in the combat zone
I walked through Bedford Stuy alone
Even rode my motorcycle in the rain
And you told me not to drive
But I made it home alive
So you said that only proves that I'm insane

You may be right
I may be crazy
But it just may be a lunatic you're looking for
Turn out the light
Don't try to save me
You may be wrong for all I know
But you may be right

Boys don't cry

I would say I'm sorry
If I thought that it would change your mind
But I know that this time
I've said too much
Been too unkind

I try to laugh about it
Cover it all up with lies
I try and
Laugh about it
Hiding the tears in my eyes
'cause boys don't cry
Boys don't cry

California Uber Alles

I am Governor Jerry Brown
My aura smiles
And never frowns
Soon I will be president ...
Carter power will soon go away
I will be Fuhrer one day
I will command all of you
Your kids will meditate in school
California uber alles
Uber alles California
Zen fascists will control you
100% natural
You will jog for the master race
And always wear the happy face
Close your eyes, can't happen here
Big Bro' on white horse is near
The hippies won't come back you say
Mellow out or you will pay
California uber alles
Uber alles California

Pour Some Sugar on Me

Step inside, walk this way
You and me babe, Hey, hey!

Love is like a bomb, baby, c'mon get it on
Livin' like a lover with a radar phone
Lookin' like a tramp, like a video vamp
Demolition woman, can I be your man?
Razzle 'n' a dazzle 'n' a flash a little light
Television lover, baby, go all night
Sometime, anytime, sugar me sweet
Little miss ah innocent sugar me, yeah


Mr. Brownstone

I get up around seven
Get outta bed around nine
And I don't worry about nothin' no
Cause worryin's a waste of my...time

The show usually starts around seven
We go on stage around nine
Get on the bus about eleven
Sippin' a drink and feelin' fine

We been dancin' with
Mr. Brownstone
He's been knockin'
He won't leave me alone

I used ta do a little
but a little wouldn't do
So the little got more and more
I just keep tryin'
ta get a little better
Said a little better than before
I used ta do a little
but a little wouldn't do
So the little got more and more
I just keep tryin'
ta get a little better
Said a little better than before

Dr. Feelgood

Rat tailed Jimmy is a second hand hood
He deals out in Hollywood
Got a '65 Chevy primered flames
Traded for some powdered goods
Jigsaw Jimmy he's runnin' a gang
But I hear he's doin' O.K.
Got a cozy little job, sells the Mexican mob
Packages of candycaine

Every little thing she does is magic

Though I've tried before to tell her
Of the feelings I have for her in my heart
Everytime that I come near her
I just lose my nerve
As I've done from the start

Every little thing she does is magic
Everything she do just turns me on
Even though my life before was tragic
Now I know my love for her goes on

Bang your head (Metal Health)

Well I'm an axegrinder Piledriver
Mother says that I never never mind her
Got no brains I'm insane
Teacher says that I'm one big pain
I'm like a laser 6-streamin' razor
I got a mouth like an alligator
I want it louder
More power
I'm gonna rock ya till it strikes the hour

Jessie's Girl
Jessie is a friend, yeah, I know he's been a good friend of mine
But lately something's changed that ain't hard to define
Jessie's got himself a girl and I want to make her mine

And she's watching him with those eyes
And she's lovin' him with that body, I just know it
Yeah 'n' he's holding her in his arms late, late at night


Heaven knows I'm miserable now

I was happy on the haze of a drunken hour
but heaven knows I'm miserable now

I was looking for a job, and then I found a job
and heavens know I'm miserable now

In my life
why do i give valuable time
to people who don't care if I live or die

Two lovers entwined passed me by
and heavens knows I'm miserable now

I was looking for a job, and then I found a job
and heavens know I'm miserable now

In my life
why do i give valuable time
to people who don't care if I live or die

We're not gonna take it
We're not gonna take it
No we ain't gonna take it
We're not gonna take it anymore

We've got the right to choose
And there ain't no way we'll lose it
This is our life, this is our song
We'll fight the powers that be just
don't pick our destiny cause
You don't know us, you don't belong

We're not gonna take it
No we ain't gonna take it
We're not gonna take it anymore

Oh you're so condescending
Your gall is never ending
We don't want nothin'
Not a thing from you
Your life is trite and jaded
Boring and confiscated
If that's your best
Your best won't do

Oh, oh we're right, yeah
We're free, yeah, we'll fight yeah
You'll see, yeah


Bust a Move

This here's a tale for all the fellas
Try to do what those ladies tell us
Get shot down cause you're over zealous
Play hard to get an females get jealous
Ok smartie, go to a party
Girls are stancin the crowd is showin body
A chick walks by you wish you could sex her
But you're standin on the wall like you was Poindexter
Next days function, high class luncheon
Food is served and you're stone cold munchin'
Music comes on, people start to dance
But then you ate so much you nearly split your pants
A girl starts walkin, guys start gawkin'
Sits down next to you and starts talkin'
Says she wanna dance cus she likes the groove
So come on fatso and just bust a move



Blogarama
Visit my Guestbook
Listed on Blogwise

27 comments:

Vadergrrrl said...

This is very LATE 80's, early 90's but some lyrics I love to bust out to shock the squares.

Here's a little somethin' bout a nigga like me
never shoulda been let out the penititary
Ice Cube would like ta say
That I'm a crazy mutha fucka from around the way
Since I was a youth I smoked weed out
Now I'm the mutha fucka that ya read about
Takin' a life or two
that's what the hell I do you don't like how I'm livin
well fuck you!
This is a gang and I'm in it
My man Dre'll fuck you up in a minute
With a right left, right left you're toothless
And then you say goddamn they ruthless!
Everwhere we go they say [damn!]
N W A's fuckin' up tha program
And then you realize we don't care
We don't just say no, we to busy sayin' yeah!
To drinkin' straight out the eight bottle
Do I look like a mutha fuckin role model?
To a kid lookin' up ta me
Life ain't nothin but bitches and money.
Cause I'm tha type o' nigga that's built ta last
If ya fuck wit me I'll put a foot in ya ass
See I don't give a fuck 'cause I keep bailin
Yo, what the fuck are they yellin

____________________________________________
Fuck tha police
Comin straight from the underground
Young nigga got it bad cuz I'm brown
And not the other color so police think
They have the authority to kill a minority

Fuck that shit, cuz I ain't tha one
For a punk muthafucka with a badge and a gun
To be beatin on, and throwin in jail
We could go toe to toe in the middle of a cell

Fuckin with me cuz I'm a teenager
With a little bit of gold and a pager
Searchin my car, lookin for the product
Thinkin every nigga is sellin narcotics

You'd rather see me in the pen
Then me and Lorenzo rollin in the Benzo
Beat tha police outta shape
And when I'm finished, bring the yellow tape
To tape off the scene of the slaughter
Still can't swallow bread and water

_____________________________________________________-

I'm expressin' with my full capabilities
And now I'm livin' in correctional facilities
Cause some don't agree with how I do this.
I get straight, meditate like a Buddhist
I'm droppin' flava, my behaviour is heriditery,
But my technique is very necessary.
Blame it on Ice Cube... Because he says it gets funky
When you got a subject and a predacit.
Add it on a dope beat
And that'll make you think.
Some suckaz just tickle me pink
To my stomache. 'Cause they don't flow like this one.
You know what? I won't hesitate to dis one
Or two before I'm through.
So don't try to sing this!
Some drop science
While I'm droppin' English.
Even if Yella
Makes it a-capella
I still express, yo, I don't smoke weed or a sess.
Cause its known to give a brother brain damage.
And brain damage on the mic don't manage
Nuthin'
But makin' a sucker and you equal.
Don't be another sequel...

jp said...

Love, love, LOVE NWA. Although, this was their best song.

Woke up quick at about noon
Just thought that I had to be in Compton soon
I gotta get drunk before the day begin
Before my mother starts bitchin' 'bout my friends
About to go and damn it went blind
Young niggaz at the pad throwin' up gang signs
Ran in the house and grabbed my clip
With the Mc10 in the side of my hip
Bailed outside and pointed my weapon
Just as I thought, the fools kept steppin'
Jumped in the fo' (6-fo) hit the juice on my ride
I got front back and side to side
Then I let the Alpine play
It was pumpin' new shit by NWA
It was "Gangsta Gangsta" at the top of the list
Then I played my own shit, it went somethin' like this :

Cruisin' down the street in my 6-fo'
Jackin' the bitches, slappin' the ho's
Went to the park to get the scoop
Knuckle-heads out there cold shootin' some hoop
A car pulls up, who can it be?
A fresh elcamino rollin' Kilo G
He rolls down his window and he started to say
It's all about makin' that GTA

Cuz the boyz in de hood are alwayz hard
You come talkin' that trash we'll pull your card
Don't want nothin' in life but to be legit'
Don't quote me boy, cuz I ain't said shit ...

Down on B'z in the place to give me the pace
He said my man JB is on the freebase
The boy JB was a friend of mine
'Till I cought him in my car tryin' to steal an Alpine
Chased him up the street to call a truth
The silly mothafucka pull out a duce duce
Little did he know I had a loaded 12 gage
One sucker dead, L.A. times front page

Cuz the boyz in da hood are alwayz hard
You come talkin' that trash we'll pull your card
Don't want nothin' in life but to be legit'
Don't quote me boy, cuz I ain't said shit ...

Drunk as hell and I wanna get ill
So I went to a spot where my homeboyz chill
The fellows out there - cold makin' that dollar
I pulled up in my 6-fo' Impala
They greet me with a 40 and I start drinkin'
And from the 8-ball my breath start stinkin'
Love to get my girl, to rock that body
Before I left I hit the block party
Went to her house to get her out of the pad
Stupid bitch said something that made me mad
She said somethin' that I could'nt believe
So I grabbed the stupid bitch by her nappy ass weave
She started talkin' shit, wouldn't you know?
Reached back like a pimp and slapped the ho'
Her father jumped out and he started to shout
So I threw a right-cross and knocked his old ass out

Cuz the boyz in da hood are alwayz hard
You come talkin' that trash we'll pull your card
Don't want nothin' in life but to be legit'
Don't quote me boy, cuz I ain't sayin' shit ...

As they busted a U they got pulled over
An undercover cop in a dark green Nova
Kat got beat for resistin' arrest
He socked the pig in his head for rippin' his Guess
Now G is caught for doin' the crime
Forth offence on the boy, he'll do some time

Cuz the boyz in the hood are always hard
You come talkin' that trash we'll pull your card
Don't want nothin' in life but to be legit'
Don't quote me boy, cuz I ain't said shit ...


I went to get them out but there was no bail
The fellows Caused a riot in the county jail
Two days later in municipal court
Kilo G on trial cold cut a fart
Disruption of a court, said the judge
On a six years sentence my man didn't budge
Bailiff came over to turn him in
Kilo G looked up and gave a grin
He yelled out "FIRE!", then came Suzi
The bitch busted in with a sub-machine Uzi
Police shot the bitch but didn't hurt her
Both up state for attempted murder

Cuz the boyz in the hood are always hard
You come talkin' that trash we'll pull your card
Knowin' nothin' in life but to be legit'
Don't quote me boy, cuz I ain't said shit ...

Jenn said...

Oh what good time memories all the lyrics bring back. I often long for those times back again! Thanks for the trip down memory lane! Have fun tonight, but be careful!

Mmmbacon said...

Anyone that starts their blog with lyrics from the Greatest Rock Band of All Time moves straight to number one in my book :-)

Thanks for the linkback, I finally did the same on mine for you, Have a kickass weekend...

jp said...

VaderChick - it's not like my getting laid is any big news. I was just saying why I wasn't feeling ranty this morning. It HAS happened at least twice in my life, as evidenced by the pictures of my kids on my site. :o)

Vadergrrrl said...

JP YOU FREAK!

Why must I be like that, why must I chase the CAT, Nothin but the Dawg in me! bow wow wow, yippee yo yippee yay!

Vadergrrrl said...

All right stop, Collaborate and listen
Ice is back with my brand new invention
Something grabs a hold of me tightly
Flow like a harpoon daily and nightly
Will it ever stop? Yo -- I don't know
Turn off the lights and I'll glow
To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal
Light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.

Dance, go rush the speaker that booms
I'm killing your brain like a poisonous mushroom
deadly, when I play a dope melody
Anything less than the best is a felony
Love it or leave it, You better gain way
You better hit bull's eye, The kid don't play
If there was a problem, Yo, I'll solve it
Check out the hook while my DJ revolves it

jp said...

Wasn't Ice Ice Baby a 90's song?

Lady Charisse said...

I'm young, but I know these songs...gotta love 'em!

Have fun tonight Vadergrrrl!

Vadergrrrl said...

yes, JP, Vanilla Ice came out in 1990, or probably 1989.

Buwahahahahah

Word to your motha!

CountChocula said...

The Dead Kennedy's, NWA and Rick Springfield all in one post?! Damn I love ya. Going to spin a couple of tracks right now and dedicate 'em to you...Ice Cube - Wicked and Eazy E - Nutz on ya chin. Have a great weekend V!

Michael said...

Rock on, Vadergrrrl!

Your NWA lyrics reminded me of when my friend and neighbor Tim came back from Mardi Gras and woke me up several times, once to play NWA real loud. So I sent him a phone message to the beat of Dr. Dre, Ice Cube, MC Ren and EZ E:

I know a guy, his name's Tim Sherman
In control and quite determined
Back from Mardi Gras, real long drive
Woke me up at a quarter to five
This afternoon, I'm out on quaaludes
Woken up by Niggaz With Attitude
Tim's a good guy; he ain't too mean
But I wish he was back in New Orleans

zephyr said...

Remember when Vanilla Ice used to have that jacket with the big 8 Ball on the back? Oh god...the memories. Love your blog, Vader!

Dark Angel said...

hey hey hey! how did u find out about my prom dress vote? wow, that's cool! he he he, thanks for commenting once again! Also, you should IM me if you have AIM. My sn=Angelshoutz and for yahoo IM=Angelicdem0n! Take care and have a great weekend!

Varla said...

Damn girl - that's like all the shit I used to listen to in high school - and honestly, it's the stuff I listen to now when I need to get really fired up. Thanks for the memories - and I wish I worked with a chick as cool as you too....=)

Wendy said...

Ah Vader, first movies and now lyrics...you've been sending me down memory lane for a couple of posts now...sweet, sweet memories!! I used to sit in class writing out my favorite lyrics for the sheer hell of it (cause who the hell cares about exponentials, ya know?). I think I'm gonna have to sit back with my headphones tonight and do some serious reminscing over a glass of something....ahhhhh.

Leese said...

Rock on Vader!

Vadergrrrl said...

Damn... I dont feel like workin right now. tick, tock, tick, tock. I need a drink, is it happy hour yet!

Hey guys thanks for your ROCKIN comments

As WE ALL KNOW JP got laid. Stoke it baby!

Hey Jenn! - thanks, I will TRY to be careful tonight and avoid the vodka. Most likely, I will stay in and geek it up on the computer. I have a bottle of Chianti waiting for me, and two adorable pussies (Figaro and Crookshanks). LOL

MmmmmBacon - AC/DC definately rocks. I would love to hear "Have a drink on me" right now.....

Lady Charise - You may be young, but your smart and cool as fuck. We luv ya!

CountChocula - If we could only go back in a time machine and have a weekend to kick some 80's ass together.

Michael - your mind rocks! A friend of mine and I did the same thing to some guys we were dating, but we used the beat of a Beastie Boys song... Instead of "there it is... Kick it" we said "there he is.... KICK HIM"

Hi Melanie - Vanilla Ice, ol VanWinkle whatever his name. He was a character. LOL. Did you see him on Surreal world with Ron Jeremey? too funny

DarkAngel - HEy I will try to catch you online sometime. MY handle is Vadergrrrl for AIM, Yahoo, and MSN

Varla - I love ya darlin. Wish you were here to hang out with (im so bored at work now). You ROCK n ROLL!

MomLady - Its great to remember our teenage years. Damn I hate being old.... oh well... Remember that cheesy TV show in the 80's 30something. I always hated that theme song, and thought those people were sooooo OLD. NOW IM ONE OF THEM! somebody kill me

Leese - I'll be rockin and rollin tonight. Hey maybe I'll get lucky like JP. Gotta find my sailor boy toy for that. LOL

Jack said...

Ice Ice Baby. When I was in Desert Storm, I had a kid in my squad named Ellis. Ellis played "Ice Ice Baby" daily for about a week trying to memorize the lyrics. He would get halfway through the "song", chanting along, and miss a word. Rewind. Start over. Again and again. Over and over. Ellis was not the sharpest knife in the drawer. Sgt. Jack is a tolerant guy but enough is enough. I challenged Ellis: We would both rap "Ice Ice Baby". Whoever made it further through the song was the winner. If I won, I never wanted to hear the song again until we were on the plane headed home. If he won, he could play it as much as he wanted. Ellis quickly agreed, since I am not the rap music type, then or now. Sgt. Jack won, and to this day still know every word to "Ice Ice Baby". For good measure, I rapped "Do Me Baby" by Bil Biv de'Voe or however you spell it, another song Ellis with his small brain could not memorize. Sgt. Jack might not like rap but he can memorize something he hears over and over. Sgt. Jack's new nickname was Sgt. Ice for a short time. So, if you go to Saudi Arabia, just outside a town called Damman (sp?) near the Iraqi border, there should be a Vanilla Ice tape in an old American fighting position, in the empty lot (in '91, anyway) SE of the hospital.

Vadergrrrl said...

I luv ya Jack. Your the best! Did you know the Rapper Shaggy was also in the Persian Gulf War? Maybe he was this guy you speak of. LOL

Tricia said...

Wow, now thats an eclectic collection...you freak of nature! ;P

Jack said...

Smack it up, flip it, rub it down, oh noooooooo.

Wendy said...

Jack, that seems to be the only way to deal with people of small brain capacity...challenge them and kick their ass!

Grrrl, I do remember that funky show...one of the many reasons I stopped watching tv altogether! As for getting old...I taught my teenage daughter a few things about headbanging to Bawitaba a while back and gave myself whiplash! Damn that sucked! Now she says, "Watch it Mom, you don't want to hurt yourself." Frickin' kids...

evilsciencechick said...

Thanks, Vadergrrrrl - I like your site too!

Go Young MC!
You're on a mission and you're wishin'
someone could cure you're lonely condition
Lookin' for love in all the wrong places
No fine girls just ugly faces
From frustration first inclination
Is to become a monk and LEAVE the situation
But every dark tunnel has a light I hope
So don't hang yourself
With a celibate rope

David said...

Hey there, I saw this story, and thought of you. I haven't figured out whether that's a good or bad thing yet...

Debra said...

I was so born in the wrong year! The 80's lyrics are pretty much all in my top 20 list, only two or three I didn't recognize.

I'll pass on most of these page though- never really got into rap besides Beastie Boys & when Warren G's cd came out in like... um... 1998? lol

Leather Coats Online said...

nice post love reading it
Leather Jackets

Followers

Blog Archive