"The mark of an immature man is that he would die knobly for a cause. The mark of a mature man is that he would live humbly for one" - Catcher in the Rye -WARNING WRITER SPELLING CHALLENGED! But Sometimes you have to say "what the fuck!"

Monday, May 24, 2004

Ron Johnson

I saw Fast Times at Ridgemont High for the 100th or so time this weekend. I love the movie, especially the shots of Nicolas Cage flipping burgers, but must admit I cringe every time a certain character comes around. Ron Johnson, stereo salesman. I hate how he asks for Jennifer Jason Leighs phone number, and I especially hate when he takes her out on their first date. What a pig. He picks her up in his fancy car, with his fancy leather jacket, and asks her what she wants to do. She has no response, and he suggests "how about the point"? The Point consists of some graphitti infested baseball dugout, totally visible to onlookers. He grabs a blanket, takes her to the point, exchanges two words with her "its warm" and "are you really 19", then imediately asks if he is going to "get to first base". What a slime ball. What kind of first date is this? No dinner, no movies, no moves whatsover. Only a innocent virgin would fall for this, and Im sure Ron Johnson know this, and has done this before. I hate to see Jennifer Jason Leigh's character lose her virginity this way! This part of the movie is all to real. So many young girls fall prey to these Ron Johnson types. I guess many of these young virgin's take some responsibility, since they want to "get it over with". But I hate these slimeball older guys who steal girls virginity, with nothing more than a date to the Point. Blech. I had my own Ron Johnson when I was a 17 year old virgin. No date, no movies, just got me drunk at a friends house and took my innocence. I dont hate him, never did. But I just find these Ron Johnson types hard to swallow.

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive