"The mark of an immature man is that he would die knobly for a cause. The mark of a mature man is that he would live humbly for one" - Catcher in the Rye -WARNING WRITER SPELLING CHALLENGED! But Sometimes you have to say "what the fuck!"

Tuesday, May 25, 2004

Mullet Chivalry

Okay so I have to tell a funny story that happened the other day. First let me explain, I have two best friends here at my corporate America job, both smokers, both married. Yes, this has circulated rumors amongst the hens in the henhouse, but hey who cares about the bettys anyway. So the other day, I went for a drive and a cigarette break/coffee run with one of these friends. We were smoking, and laughing and joking around before getting coffee at the Albertsons Starbucks. I was saying in my poor broken accent “Que es el invasor… Gringo?” Basically quoting a poster I saw in San Diego which translates “Who is the invader – Whitey”. My friend laughs and says, “boy you sound white when you say that” then, he being from San Diego and growing up in the Barrio says in a loud, full on Vatos accent “Que es el innvasor… GRINGA?!” (heavy accent on Gringa). Well I look over in the parking lot, and there is this guy with a full on mullet stopping poofing out his chest, and giving my friend a stand down. They guy looked like he could be straight out of Leanard Skinard. Full on mullet, acid washed jeans, and a muscle shirt. He gave my friend the stand down for about 2 minutes, until he saw me laughing and realized he had just made himself a fool. Its just funny to me that mullet chivalry exists, and I also laughed that my friend almost got his butt kicked by a redneck for calling me a Gringa. Can I get the theme music from Dueling Banjos here?
Link

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive