"The mark of an immature man is that he would die knobly for a cause. The mark of a mature man is that he would live humbly for one" - Catcher in the Rye -WARNING WRITER SPELLING CHALLENGED! But Sometimes you have to say "what the fuck!"

Friday, May 28, 2004

Hello Online Dating!

First I must admit, being single again after a three-year relationship feels extremely liberating. At 30 something, I feel empowered, in control, the captain of my ship, master of my destiny (okay I don’t feel this way all the time but Im practicing the power of positive thinking). Why you may wonder did my 3 year relationship end? Because I chose it too, for reasons those include;
1. He was too short for me
2. He made comments about my weight
3. He didn’t respect any of my accomplishments as an activist or scholastically
4. His kid was a total brat and I couldn’t see myself step parenting for the next 10 years a child I could not stand to be around
5. He was a total queeny, drama queen
6. He criticized me too much
7. He tried to control me
8. It just wasn’t workin for me….


So Im single again, a 30 something single (can we get the cheezy theme song playing from the show thritysomething?). As of now, I really like being single. I figure, my son is 14, too old for any man to step in his life and play daddy, and old enough where I cant date and not be harassed. I remind him that what comes around goes around and I will get him back now that he is dating too. A woman in her 30s knows who she is sexually, is independent, confident in themselves, and oh yes, much more mature. 

One of my very close friends is also a single momma, single thritysomething. We go out together scouting out single men and basically keep each other morale up, and ward off losers. We like to think of our lives as parallel to the gals on “Sex in the City” despite the fact we live in redneckville sailor town, and those women live in glamorous Manhattan. While out with her dancing, I met my current boy toy (23). Believe it or not, this is my first sailor fling, and I am having a good time hanging out with him. It is an ego boost, but definitely not something I would call a real relationship. He is young and needs to sew his wild oats so to speak, and plus he is a sailor, and sailors leave. (a good and bad thing).

So considering my new status as single, I decided to try the cheezy single thing called “Online dating” or Personals. More for a joke for myself, but also just to give it a whirl, what the heck. You can post for free, you have to pay to make contact. Believe me Im not paying a dime for this crap, but I thought it would be fun all the same.
Here is a link to what I posted on the dating site.


My Online Personal Add


Here is a lovely sampling of some of the guys who have responded. Just my luck eh? Gets me all bothered....NOT!

Date Prospect 1

Date Prospect 2

Date Prospect 3

The following guy sent a note that said:
Are you related to Demi Moore? Anyhow I read your profile and liked what I read. You can check out mine and write back if interested. Hope to hear back from you.

*I dont think he is not soooo bad just a little short for me.

Date Prospect 4

Date Prospect 5

-----Now you guys see why I am still single. LOL. I'll keep you posted if anything interesting happens.


Blogarama
Visit my Guestbook
Listed on Blogwise

35 comments:

Debra said...

Once again I'm stopping by to catch up on your redneck town lifestyle! And this coming from a goat farmer means what? lol

But after seeing your profile, and reading more, I can see why you're getting all the responces you do... just too bad it's not the ones you want!

If you do find the magical secret to getting only the right guys to respond/appear/make themselves present, let me know!

Until then, life goes on, right? Good luck, and I'll stop by again later.

David said...

You know, if I didn't know any better, I would think you were a bit bitter... but I must be misreading something. There has to be something more to life... the more I tell myself that, the more days I make it through...

I have a suggestion for the name of your page, based on the myriad (hey... that rhymes) of colors on it...and the mood it evokes

--------Shades of grey the spaces between them

Vadergrrrl said...

Hi David. Thanks for the post. Its funny you say I sound bitter. My name actually means bitter in latin. LOL

TexasDude said...

Very nice blog, hard to come by these days,

If you have a chance, can you visit my Dating Ideas site


Thanks

Tom Naka said...

Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you! I have a child health activity
site/blog. It pretty much covers child health activity
related stuff.

Richpoo said...

Help! I am lost. I was searching for club sports and somehow ended up here. How that happened I don't know, however I do like your Blog a lot. Would you mind if I add your Blog to my favorites page so others can visit?

Drunk Glory Hole said...

click for bow ciara dating wow

Jim Naka said...

Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you! I have a toy soldier site/blog. It pretty much covers toy soldier related stuff.

Anonymous said...

feel free to come on by and check the **big and tall**Blog/site

Anonymous said...

heh cool blog you have here!

I noticed you have a nice blog, read all of your links kept me interested for a good time! well done :)

Thanks for a good read instead of some of the other stuff people post here!

Anonymous said...

Great blog you have. I have a site about gold tone white lady open back banjo. You can check it out at gold tone white lady open back banjo

Anonymous said...

Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

I have a christmas gift site/blog. It pretty much covers gift ideas for christmas related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time :-)

Admin said...

Great Video Game blog, thanks for letting me post a message. Great Job with your blog.

Thanks
game lego star video war

Anonymous said...

I think you're right on track and not many people are willing to admit that they share your views. life lost once is an AWESOME place to discuss LOST.

Anonymous said...

nice blog enjoyed it :)

Keep up the excellent work! and i bookmarked u!

so cant wait for ur next post! :)

Thanks!!

Anonymous said...

Improve elasticity of your skin. Lose and Snooze Guarantees a Thinner, Healthier You!

Anonymous said...

Anonymous said...

Nice blog with interesting topics. I have a website that offers alot of controversial topics here. Just go to the links page and look for "Video Reviews"

Music Downloads Center said...

Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

I have a music site/blog. It pretty much covers music related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time :-)

Anonymous said...

Drop on by and browse through a huge archive of indian joke

This is one of the many jokes i found amongst the many joke categorys:
A man walks into his favorite bar and saw a bum panhandeling. The bum asked if the man could spare a dollar. The man replied "If I give you money are you going to use it to buy liquor?" The bum said he would not, so the man asked "If I give you money are you going to use it for gambling?" Again the bum said he would not, so the man asked "Would you come home with me so I can show my wife what happenes to someone who doesnt gamble or drink?"

Anonymous said...

Nice Blog about small business opportunity making money from home. I also have a Blog/Website about small business opportunity making money from home which is why I enjoyed this blog so much. Keep up the excellent work! Check out my site if you have a moment.

Anonymous said...

GROW IT YOURSELF!

Anonymous said...

Lose and Snooze guarantees a thinner, healthier you.

The Blah Brain said...

LOL I found some good stuff here: click right here

doer said...

Hello, you blog is funny and informative. I have a website about improving your adult sex life. Please visit if you want to enjoy sex more in a proper way.

Girly Girl said...

If you want over 18 adults only dating then Swinger Dating is the site for you. Totally free too :)

Anonymous said...

Burn fat and build lean muscle while you sleep. Experience deep restorative sleep.

Anonymous said...

Safe and Very Effective Weightloss and Health Products

Anonymous said...

Lose and SnoozeTM Weightloss Product

Anonymous said...

Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

I have a **Tees** site. It pretty much covers ##KEYWORD## related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time :-)

Anonymous said...

LOSE 20 Lbs - Eating The Food You Love to Eat

photokorea said...

Hello

I woul like to tell photo contest information on your cool blog site.


Dynamic korea

Apply 2005 Photo contestApply 2005 Photo contest

More information
click here

Anonymous said...

Increase your daytime energy levels. Lose weight the healthy way, guaranteed.

Anonymous said...

Improve your daytime energy levels. Improve elasticity of your skin.

photokorea said...

Hello

I woul like to tell photo contest information on your cool blog site.


Dynamic korea

Apply 2005 Photo contestApply 2005 Photo contest

More information
click here

Followers

Blog Archive